Last updated May 2018
Who are we?
Deptford Cinema is the trading name of Deptford Free Cinema Community Interest Company which is a not-for-profit organisation registered in England under company number 08993385. Registered address: 39 Deptford Broadway, London SE8 4PQ.
Deptford Cinema offers a range of services, transactions and communications which may request data from you. This policy sets out how we do this and applies to anyone who visits our website (www.deptfordcinema.org) or corresponds with us by phone, e-mail, social media or in person.
Please read it carefully and if you have any questions please use the details in the 'Contact Us' section below to get in touch with us.
When do we collect information from you?
We collect information that you give us by filling in forms, either on our website or in person, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- use the interactive sections of the website;
- book tickets through our box office;
- donate or provide sponsorship to us, or meet to discuss potential support you may give;
- when you report a problem with our website;
- attend a meeting, event or workshop;
- make a private hire booking, register lost property or complete a comment form;
- enter a competition.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data we collect about you may vary depending on the service you request from us. As a minimum we will collect from you:
- your name;
- your email address;
From time to time, depending on the service you require, we may also request the following:
- Postal Address
- Telephone number
When you book tickets for any of our events or shows we may collect your telephone number and email address so that we can contact you in case of changes to the programme.
We will also use your telephone number to contact you with regard to competition entries or lost property.
Age RESTRICTED SCREENINGS
For age restricted screenings we might request evidence of your date of birth, but we will not record this information.
We collect and store these on our Box Office system so that we can help you when you visit the cinema.
When you buy tickets, we will collect payment information from you such as credit or debit card details or bank information for the purposes of taking payment through our third party providers. We do not store this information ourselves.
Other Information we collect
If you correspond with us generally, for example to raise a query, comment or complaint about any of our services, we will also collect any other information you choose to send to us in that correspondence.
When using our website we may also collect some technical (not personal) information about how you use our website, for example the type of device you are using, your operating system, IP address, the web address you arrived at our site from, and length of visit.
How do we use the information you provide?
Where you have disclosed your information to us, we use information:
- because it is necessary to administer the services you have requested from us from time to time and
- to fulfil our obligations to you in providing these services.
We will use your personal information to provide you with Deptford Cinema news and information, and with opportunities to support Deptford Cinema in the format, and in accordance with any preferences you have requested.
We will use the information provided to process your payment for any tickets purchased and to provide you with those tickets. We may also collect your information to compile internal lists about audience statistics for our own analysis or, where applicable, compile an attendance list.
We will also use this information to provide you with news and updates about our products and events and to provide you with marketing information from time to time about our products and events.
Patrons and Supporters
We will use your personal data to administer payment of your donations or sponsorship. We will also contact you to keep you informed of the impact of your gift and to contact you regarding further opportunities you can partake in to support Deptford Cinema.
We will also use information we collect to:
- administer our website and make sure you can use it properly and effectively;
- respond to any questions, requests or complaints we receive from you;
- to analyse the use of our website; and
- to improve our website.
We won't use your information for any purposes except those above without letting you know and getting your permission if necessary.
Who do we share your information with?
Deptford Cinema will not sell your information.
We don't share the information that is provided to us except:
- with third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service provider, who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you or, where we are able to send you marketing information, to do so;
- if we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to);
- If we run an event in partnership with another named organisation we will also share information with that partner to enable it to report to funders and inform audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below. We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
Our website and services are not addressed to anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will delete this information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; and
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
- Further, if you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe from such notifications at any time using the link on any e-mail that we send to you, or at any other time by getting in touch with us using the details set out in the 'Contact Us' section below.
At the end of your relationship with us you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so as far as we are reasonably able and subject to our legal requirements to retain such data. You can also request that we provide you with written confirmation (including in the form of a certificate) of the deletion of your personal data, which we will provide if we have deleted that data and can provide evidence of this.
Third party links
Our website may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
If you use any third party sites or resources the third party services' rules and policies will apply and you should check these before you submit any personal data to third party sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. This policy applies solely to information collected by Deptford Cinema.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which Deptford Cinema handles your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.